Menu

Short Time Vegetable Meat recipe

Short Time Meat Cooking
Short Time Meat Cooking
Short Time Meat Cooking

2 pack brown gravy mix
1 pack of good seasons Italian mix
1 cup of water
3.5 lbs of chuck roast

2 pack brown gravy mix
1 pack of good seasons Italian mix
1/2 pack of Hidden valley Buttermilk Ranch mix
1 cup of water

Stir all powders together , then add water.
Pour over chuck roast in Crock Pot 
Cook on Low for 8 hours

Serves 20 and you get 6 oz of meat & goes great with red potatoes.



 
Short Time Meat Cooking Processings
Short Time Meat Cooking Processing

1 pound (16 ounces) roast pork or tenderloin , fat trimmed and dig 1/2-inch cubes
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
1/4 Napa (Chinese) cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1/2 cup hot water

Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add the canola oil. When the oil is hot, add the pork. Cook, stirring often, until the pork is not any longer pink.

Remove the pork from the skillet and put aside .

Lower heat to medium and add the carrots, garlic, cabbage, and mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Meanwhile, combine the soy sauce, mustard, sesame oil, and peanut butter in a small bowl. Pour in the hot water and whisk with a fork until smooth. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and add the cooked pork back to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, until sauce starts to bubble. Serve over whole-grain noodles or rice (calories not included.)

3 comments:

  1. Growing up we had dairy dinners– fish, or pasta– and were given milk to drink. On meat dinners- we had juice or water. Never soda. One night- for dairy dinner– my mother served waffles and ice cream with hot fudge and wet nuts. and that became a regular treat.
    So now that I have children- when we were at a NJ shore vacation, we always went at least once a summer for Dairy Dinner– and I often served it at home. Now that my kids are in their twenties- they think they are too grown up for dairy dinner– So once a summer , at least, my 60 something girlfriend and I go out for Dairy Dinner– coffee ice cream, fresh waffles, hot fudge, and wet dinner. My daughter knows that my new granddaughter will behaving dairy dinner

    My niece- at age 8- was invited to stay for dinner at a friend’s house for dairy dinner She started to sob, when dinner of flounder was served. Not the dairy dinner she expected that her mom learned to serve. We still joke about her failed Dairy Dinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most beloved food memory that sticks in my mind is my mom’s Christmas Eve dinners. We would have only small finger food/appetizers like shrimp cocktail, crudités, my grandma’s buttermilk fried chicken wings (all the more special b/c my mom is uber-health concious and we NEVER got fried food), cheese and crackers, etc. My mom, sister, and grandparents would sit in the living room around a fire and eat/drink all night then play charades.

    Now that my grandparents are gone and my sister and I live on opposite sides of the country, it’s hard to maintain this tradition but we still manage to once every few years or so. It’s a tradition I plan on passing down to my future children one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all such great stories! My siblings and I grew up in a quasi-kosher home, but when we visited our maternal grandmother all bets were off. In addition to eating BACON and shrimp at her house, she also bought sugary cereals for us (Applejacks!) that we were never allowed at home. I was not particularly close to my grandmother, but just by having those special foods on hand for us, I now have fond memories of visiting her.

    My mom really made an effort in the kitchen for us and her thoughtfulness in that regard will always stay with me. We lived in a very small, Southern town without a lot of ethnic food options available (e.g. we grew up eating ketchup on our tacos, I think because salsa was not yet available in our local grocery!). About every six weeks, my mom would make a grand Chinese food feast (stirfry, szechaun chicken salad, egg drop soup) from scratch. She even served it in special dishes that she bought at an import store in the big city and taught us all to use chopsticks!

    ReplyDelete

Followers