Menu

Pizza

Pizza


Pizza
Pizza
Pizza (Italian: [ˈpittsa], Neapolitan: [ˈpittsə]) could also be a savory dish of Italian origin consisting of a usually round, flattened base of leavened wheat-based dough topped with tomatoes, cheese, and sometimes various other ingredients (such as anchovies, mushrooms, onions, olives, pineapple, meat, etc.) which is then baked at a heat , traditionally during a wood-fired oven. A small pizza is sometimes called a pizzetta.

In Italy, pizza served in formal settings, like at a restaurant, is presented unsliced, and is eaten with the utilization of a knife and fork. In casual settings, however, it's dig wedges to be eaten while held within the hand.

The term pizza was first recorded within the 10th century during a Latin manuscript from the Southern Italian town of Gaeta in Lazio, on the border with Campania. Modern pizza was invented in Naples, and therefore the dish and its variants have since become popular in many countries. It has become one among the foremost popular foods within the world and a standard nutriment item in Europe and North America, available at pizzerias (restaurants specializing in pizza), restaurants offering Mediterranean cuisine, and via pizza delivery. Many companies sell ready-baked frozen pizzas to be reheated during a standard home oven.

The Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana (lit. True Neapolitan Pizza Association) may be a non-profit organization founded in 1984 with headquarters in Naples that aims to market traditional Neapolitan pizza. In 2009, upon Italy's request, Neapolitan pizza was registered with the ecu Union as a standard Speciality Guaranteed dish, and in 2017 the art of its making was included on UNESCO's list of intangible cultural heritage.

2 comments:

  1. Growing up we had dairy dinners– fish, or pasta– and were given milk to drink. On meat dinners- we had juice or water. Never soda. One night- for dairy dinner– my mother served waffles and ice cream with hot fudge and wet nuts. and that became a regular treat.
    So now that I have children- when we were at a NJ shore vacation, we always went at least once a summer for Dairy Dinner– and I often served it at home. Now that my kids are in their twenties- they think they are too grown up for dairy dinner– So once a summer , at least, my 60 something girlfriend and I go out for Dairy Dinner– coffee ice cream, fresh waffles, hot fudge, and wet dinner. My daughter knows that my new granddaughter will behaving dairy dinner

    My niece- at age 8- was invited to stay for dinner at a friend’s house for dairy dinner She started to sob, when dinner of flounder was served. Not the dairy dinner she expected that her mom learned to serve. We still joke about her failed Dairy Dinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most beloved food memory that sticks in my mind is my mom’s Christmas Eve dinners. We would have only small finger food/appetizers like shrimp cocktail, crudités, my grandma’s buttermilk fried chicken wings (all the more special b/c my mom is uber-health concious and we NEVER got fried food), cheese and crackers, etc. My mom, sister, and grandparents would sit in the living room around a fire and eat/drink all night then play charades.

    Now that my grandparents are gone and my sister and I live on opposite sides of the country, it’s hard to maintain this tradition but we still manage to once every few years or so. It’s a tradition I plan on passing down to my future children one day :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers